Middle school (grades 6 to 3)
The LFIP offers rigorous teaching following the curriculum established by the Ministry of Education. The college marks the entry into secondary education. It is organized in four levels from the sixth to the third and structured in pedagogical cycles.
The college emphasizes languages, deepening and broadening of the basic knowledge and individual development of the pupil.
Attached to cycle 3, the sixth is designed to strengthen the basic learning of elementary school and to introduce students to the disciplines and methods of secondary education. During the grades of 5th, 4th and 3rd (cycle 4, cycle of deepening), students deepen and broaden their knowledge and know-how. They gradually enrich their course with optional options. In 3rd, the student develops his professional project, prepares for the tests of the National Diploma of the patent (DNB) and entrance to the 2nd.
High School (2nd-terminal)
From the second to the general terminal, the LFIP offers a rigorous teaching following the school curriculum established by the Ministry of National Education. The mission of the Lycée is to ensure the success of each high school student and to prepare him for further studies in higher education. The purpose of the second class is to give students the most open choices possible. It provides them with a common general culture, while allowing them to discover new literary, economic, scientific or technological fields. It associates:
• Common teachings, which have a very strong weight (80% of the student’s timetable);
• Exploration lessons to choose from. Among them a teaching is to be chosen necessarily in the field of the economy.
Student Services (Vie Scolaire)
The Senior Education Advisor (CPE) organizes the Vie Scolaire (Student Services) and coordinates the Education Assistants.
The responsibilities of the Vie Scolaire is divided into three areas:
- Operation of the school: control of student numbers and attendance, supervision and student safety;
- Collaboration with teaching staff: exchanges of information with teachers on the students’ behavior and academic results, particularly in the event of difficulty or absenteeism, in order to establish common solutions.
- Educational animation: relationships and direct contacts with pupils on the collective level (classes or groups) and on the individual level (behavior, work, personal problems); organization of leisure time; organization of consultation and participation.
Documentation and Information Center (CDI)
The CDI is a friendly reading and working space for all students and teachers. The missions of the CDI consist of:
• Advise and make available documentary resources for students and teachers (in consultation or on loan)
• Train students in documentary research
• Conduct pedagogical actions around reading and media (Segalen and Azimut literature contest, Webradio, school newspaper, …)
Team doc: the added value of students
A dynamic team of college students ensures the reception and management of the CDI on the lunch break. Students which, according to weekly availabilities, are available for their comrades, but also to answer and guide them.
This educational project inaugurates the integration of a new approach which is to create a center of knowledge and culture. The ambition is to develop their sense of responsibility, initiative and autonomy and to offer students more opportunities to collaborate with each other.
The orientation service supports students in their choices to continue their studies in higher education. During high school, students must select and prioritize their higher education choices. In order for them to be able to choose in full knowledge of the requirements of higher education, orientation counselors accompany, in collaboration with the pedagogical teams and the parents, provide guidance to each student.
Agora: network of high school students and alumni of the AEFE network
Agora is an exchange platform dedicated to guidance, whose ambition is to network students.
- A directory: search for former students. Connect with students from other French schools abroad.
- A forum: to make the students communicate with each other and to be able to exchange with the former students to benefit from their experience, to build an orientation project, to learn about student life in France or abroad.
- Direct exchanges on profiles and geolocation.
- Interviews: read and visualize the testimonies of former students about their studies, their jobs.
Specialisation “Art & Culture”
Promote equal access to art and culture
Health Education Pathway
Clarify what is offered to students in terms of health: